Company creating a happy future with healthy food culture.
Daesang maximizes its growth through
value innovation and globalization.
Daesang prepares the foundation of system
settlement through the process innovation,
realizing the customer satisfactory quality
within the managerial environment,
strengthening confrontation ability on
rapid changes and growth engine of
the company based on differentiations,
and leaps towards the global food company.
- May.DAESANG merged with DAESANG BESTCO
- Feb.5 Soonchang red pepper pastes of Daesang Corporation, Acquired OU Kosher Certification
- Mar.Daesang Corporation, Applied 2 Billion Club in food industry
- Apr.Daesang Holdings, Established Daesang Life Science
- Mar.Daesang Corporation, Adapted separated management for Food BU/Material BU
Jongga, Newly changed BI
Constructed PT. MIWON INDONESIA starch and sweetener factory
- Apr.Private brand ‘BESTCO’ launched
- Jun.BIO Gunsan Factory of Daesang Corporation, Constructed astaxanthin factory
- JulEstablished DU Food, the red snow crab food processing factory
- Oct.Daesang Corporation, Developed the high-value added amino acid ‘L-Histidine’ first time in Korea
- Sep.Daesang Corporation, Selected as Excellent Entity for Joint Cooperation, awarded prize from the Minister of Ministry of Agriculture, Food and Rural Affairs
Daesang Corporation, Awarded USD5 million Export Tower for exporting marine products
Daesang Corporation, Acquired CCM for 4 consecutive years
- Jun.Acquired the best level of food entity from win-win index
- Aug.Took over the lysine business
- Dec.‘Miwon’, the fermented seasoning, Selected as the World’s Best Product
- Apr.Chungjungone Hongcho, Selected as 2014 Top 1 Brand for customer loyalty chosen by customers
- May.Chungjungone, Newly changed the brand
Food Safety Center of Daesang Corporation, Awarded citation from the Minister of Commerce Industry and Energy
Chlorella of Daesang Welllife, Awarded Gold Prize from Monde Selection 3 consecutive years
Constructed palm oil factory in Indonesia
Constructed starch syrup factory in the Philippines
- Mar.Design Ricor, Implemented groundbreaking ceremony of starch syrup factory with Nestle Philippines
- JulDaesang Corporation, Signed inclusive growth agreement
- Sep.Chungjungone Hongcho, Awarded Technical Innovation Prize from Korean Society of Food Science and Technology
- Dec.Daesang Corporation, Awarded Presidential Citation (CCM Certification) on the Consumer Rights Day
- Mar.Appointed CEO Hyungseop Myeong
- Aug.Selected Top 1 Korean Customer Wellbeing Index (KS-WCI)
(Chungjungone Hongcho, grape seed oil, oligosaccharide, Shinan Seombobae bay salt)
- Oct.Awarded ‘National Prize’ from 2012 Korea Sharing Award hosted by the Ministry of Health and Welfare
Awarded ‘Culture, Leisure-friendly Entity Certification’ hosted by the Ministry of Culture, Sports and Tourism
Awarded ‘Excellent Customer-centered Management Entity’ from Fair Trade Commission
Miwon Indonesia, Selected ‘Excellent CSR Entity’ hosted by the Ministry of Knowledge Economy/BKPM Indonesia/Korean Embassy
- Apr.Chungjungone, Awarded for Grand Prize of 2011 National Brand Award
- Jun.Probionic Corporation, Signed MOU for lactic acid bacteria business
- Sep.Chungjungone Hongcho, Achieved M/S Top 1 from Japanese drinking vinegar market
- Oct.Firm renamed to DAESANG BESTCO
- Jan.Agreement on bay salt business with Jeollanam-do
Constructed Hoengseong Green Vegetable Juice Factory of Well Life Business Head Quarter
- Feb.DAMUL FS established
- Sep.Constructed Docho Factory, Sinan Sun-dried Salt Corp.
- Dec.Chungjungone Hongcho Selected as the World’s Best Product by the Ministry of Knowledge Economy
Daesang Corporation, Awarded Presidential Award for 2010 100 Excellent Entity Creating Employmen
Take a step towards new leap.
DAESANG secured stability and transparency of
the entity management through a settlement of
the CEO system with a successful adaptation of
re-establishment of business portfolios.
Based on 3 major businesses, including
general food business, fermentation business
and starch & sweetener business, DAESANG is
developing new businesses and focusing on
core capabilities on future growth businesses.
- Mar.Chungjungone Soonchang red pepper paste, soy bean paste, ssamjang (processed soybean paste mixed with red pepper paste), Jongga Kimchi, Selected as 2009 Top 1 Brand Power
- May.Chungjungone Soonchang, Launched ‘Korean Rice Red Pepper Paste’
- Oct.Awarded ‘Presidential Prize’ on the Social Welfare Day
- Dec.Entered palm oil plantation business in Indonesia
- Feb.Soonchang red pepper paste, Selected as Top 1 for Korean Industrial Brand Power for 10 consecutive years
- Jun.Implemented reorganization including CMG operation, etc
- Oct.Developed ‘Korean Space Food’ first time in Korea
- Jan.Appointed CEO Dongin Lim
- JulEstablished PI KIRIN MIWON FOOD
- Dec.Chungjungone Hongcho, Awarded the Grand Prize of the Word of Mouth Marketing Brand
- Aug.Launched Daesang Holdings
- Jun.Constructed Logistics Center in Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam
- Constructed Gunsan Starch and Sweetener Factory
- Jun.Awarded the Best Prize of Korean Marketing Prize
- Dec.Awarded Presidential Prize of ‘Design Brand Prize’ hosted by the Ministry of Commerce Industry and Energy
- Apr.Sold Acro Vista in lots
- JulSelected as official supplier of pastes to Korean National Soccer Team
- Aug.Established Esnd Cosmetics
- Oct.Unbundled 5 Sewon subsidiaries
Developed power and competitiveness
for the future.
DAESANG established Daesang IT and
Sangam Communications to enter business areas of
IT and general advertisement. From mid 90s,
DAESANG launched the general food brand,
Chungjungone, through the brand introducing strategy,
and established the CEO system with the appointment of
Chairman Doomo Ko who is the professional manager.
Due to merger of Miwon and Sewon,
the group name had changed into ‘Daesang’,
and prepared the foundation to leap towards
the best company through improving financial structure
and restructuring such as professionalize business structure.
- JulEntered edible oil business
- Oct.Established Daesang Feed
- Nov.Constructed Gunsan MSG Factory
- Mar.Disposed lysine business
- Nov.Awarded ‘Grand Prize’ of Excellent Value Management Entity Award
- Dec.Sold ‘Daesang Town Apartment’ in Banghak-dong, Seoul in lot
- Aug.Appointed CEO Doomo Ko
- Nov.Changed the name to Daesang Corporation after merger of Miwon and Sewon
- Mar.Opened Central Research Institute
- May.Launched the brand ‘Chungjungone’
- Mar.Established a Chinese local subsidiary "Jeolgang Miwon Food Corp." on March
- Dec.Awarded Presidential Prize of Entity Culture Award
- Mar.Established Sangam Communications
- Established Miwon Vietnam
- JulEstablished Daesang IT
- Established Bejing Office, China
- Jan.Opened No.1 Nice Day
- May.Constructed Miwon Cheonan Frozen Food Factory
- Nov.Entered convenient store business, opened No.1 Mini Stop
Expand business to various areas.
Daesang established the Central Research Institute for
the technology accumulation, and actively started
technology development towards the future
by focusing on the R&D investment,
and put efforts to succeed and create food culture
by establishing Korean Food Cultural Center.
Moreover, along with the appointment of
the 2nd CEO Changwook Lim, the business had been
expanded with construction of Giheung Factory,
establishment of Daesang Farm,
entrance to coffee business and others.
- JulTook over MJC Co., Ltd., entered coffee business
- Aug.Established PT, IMC(Indomiwon Citra Inti)
- Feb.Opened Korean Food Cultural Institution
- Sep.Appointed CEO Changwook Lim
- Sep.Changed name from Seoul Miwon Co., Ltd. to Miwon Co., Ltd.
- Oct.‘Miwon’, “Manna’. Appointed as official seasoning of the Olympic Games
- Sep.Established Daesang Farm
- Oct.Constructed Miwon Building in Yeouido
- Jun.Established Miwon USA
- Acquired manufacturing approval of Manna of Seoul Miwon
- JulEstablished Miwon Hong Kong
- Feb.Constructed Giheung Factory
- Mar.Established Central Research Institute
Become a leading company for globalization.
Daesang established PT.MIWON INDONESIA in Indonesia
by exporting the plant for the first time in Korea,
and led the globalization as establishing
the trading corporates in Japan, USA, Hong Kong
and other regions continuously.
Moreover, it promoted business diversity into
heavy industries, trading, petrochemistry and more.
- Aug.Established Korea Knnor Co., Ltd.
- Dec.Established Daesang Japan Co., Ltd.
- Jan.Published the company newsletter ‘Miwon’
- Miwon, Constructed starch and sweetener factory in Gayang-dong, Gangseo-gu, Seoul
- JulEstablished Miwon Marine Products
- Established PT. MIWON INDONESIA
- Nov.Established Misong Trading Co., Ltd.
- Apr.Established Hannam Engineering Company
- Established National Synthesis Co., Ltd.
- Apr.Established Daesang Foundation
- Miwon, Introduced Seoul Miwon
- Oct.Awarded Gold Prize of Best Seasoning from the World Food Contest
Opened new chapter of domestic food culture.
The history of Daesang started by
the founder and Chairman Daehong Lim.
‘Miwon’, No.1 national seasoning produced with
pure capital and independent technology opened
the new chapter of our food culture.
In accordance with the development of
microorganism fermentation methods which
opened the mass production era of seasonings
since 1960s, Daesang became a leader of
the domestic seasoning market,
and higher its reputation as a general food company
by expanding its business in food areas related to starch,
starch and sweetener, citric acid and others.
- May.Public incorporation by public capital increase
- Dec.Acquired KS Certification for fermentation seasoning, Miwon
- Dec.Changed name from Miwang Industries Co., Ltd. to Seoul Miwon Co., Ltd.
- Constructed factory in Banghak-dong
- Entered starch and starch & sweetener businesses
- Dec.Changed name from Dong-A Whasung Industrial Co., Ltd. to Miwon Co., Ltd.
- Produced MSG by fermentation method
- Sep.Established Miwang Industries Co., Ltd.
- Jan.Established Dong-A Whasung Industrial Co., Ltd. (Current Daesang Corporation)
- Jun.Registered official trademark of Sinseollo (royal hot pot) Miwon